There is nothing we can say that will ease the pain of losing one you love.
Sometimes it’s hard to think of a quote to engrave on a memorial. It’s such a personal matter to each individual. We offer this page of quotes for when words are the furthest from your mind.
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.
- We will miss you and love you always.
- To live in the hearts of those we love is not to die.
- Forever in my heart, my beautiful baby girl.
- As I whisper "I miss you," I believe somehow you can still hear me.
- Nothing can ever take away a love the heart holds dear.
- You are missed every hour of every day.
- You were an unforgettable part of my life.
- He - She - Name lives with us in memory and will for evermore.
- Your love will light our way. Your memory will forever be with us.
- The memory of you will always be in our hearts.
- Always in our hearts.
- Goodbye my darling.
- You will never be forgotten.
- You are my today and all of my tomorrows.
- There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
- What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose.
Henry Ward Beecher
- In memory of a faithful friend and companion.
- Those that touch our lives .... stay in our hearts forever.
- There are special people in our lives who never leave us .... even after they are gone.
- Always on my mind .... Forever in my heart.
- Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we will hold in our hearts forever.
- When words are most empty, tears are most apt.
- Perhaps they are not stars but rather openings in heaven where our loved ones shine down and let us know they are happy.
- I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new.
I thought of you yesterday and days before that too.
I think of you in silence as I often speak your name.
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake with which I'll never part.
God has you in His keeping. I have you in my heart.
- Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure.
You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.
- What we once have enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- To the world you might be one person, but to one person .... you might be the world.
- To the world you might be just a cat, but to me, you meant the world.
- To the world you might be just a dog, but to me, you meant the world.
- Death is only a shadow across the path to heaven.
- I fall asleep with you in my heart.
- I think of you as watching from a time and space beyond the sky, a place where we might someday come.
- In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
- We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Theodore Geisel (Dr Seuss)
- Sometimes love is for a moment.
Sometimes love is for a lifetime.
Sometimes a moment is a lifetime.
- Of tender heart and generous spirit
- A life that touches others goes on forever.
- The song is ended, but the melody lingers on.
- Your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
- Wishing you pease to bring you comfort, courage to help you face the days ahead, and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
- I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and loved today.
- Sometimes when I am alone and lost in thought, and all the world seems too far away, you come to me as if in a dream, filling my soul with the warmth of your presence. And I smile knowing that though we cannot be together now, we're always close in thought.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
- Not a day goes by when you are not loved and missed. Held in our hearts forever.
- A Day, A Week, A Lifetime
When I wake up in the morning I ask myself 'How will I get through this day without you?'
As I dress and prepare to start my day I wonder 'How will I go on without you?'
As the day slowly slips away I remember how you made me laugh and I smile without you.
At the end of the day as I prepare to close my eyes, I know in my heart I couldn't have gotten through the day without you.
- Till memory fades and life departs, you live forever in our hearts.
- I think about how much I miss him, and start to feel sorry for myself .... but then I think about all the people who never got the chance to meet him, and I start to feel sorry for them.
- I wrote your name on the sand .... but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name on the sky .... but the wind blew it away.
I wrote your name on my heart .... and forever it will stay.
- Every day, in some small way, memories of you come our way. Though absent, you are ever near, still missed, still loved, and ever dear.
- Death ends a life, not a relationship.
- Gone to become an angel
- When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know.
- I'll never find another friend to take the place of you.
No one will ever touch my life like you do.
No one will mean so much to me.
No one will understand how much I grieve.
- Wishing you peace to bring you comfort, courage to help you face the days ahead, and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature. Beautiful old people are works of art.
- Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories.
- Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Dale Evans Rogers
- Life is not a journey from cradle to grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to come skidding in sideways, bruised, battered, totally worn-out, yelling "Wow! What a Ride!"
- My Hero, My Heart
- And now I am ready to keep running
When the sun rises beyond the borderlands of death.
I already see mountain ridges in the heavenly forest
Where, beyond every essence, a new essence awaits.
From Czeslaw Milosz's poem "Winter"
- Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring .... it was peace.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched .... they must be felt with the heart.
- One who possessed beauty without vanity,
Strength without insolence, Courage without ferocity,
And all the virtues of Man without his vices.
- A heart of Gold stopped beating, two shining eyes at rest. God broke our hearts to prove, He only takes the best.
- I have only slipped away into the next room, I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my familiar name. Speak
to me in the easy way which you always used .... Play, smile, think of me .... All is well.
Henry Scott Holland
- You left your paw prints all over our hearts.
- Lives forever in the memories we keep.
- Go to God Little Angel
- I go to prepare a place for you.
- Multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever .... and that is still barely a glimpse of how much I love and miss you.
- If I should go tomorrow it would never be goodbye,
For I have left my heart with you, so don't you ever cry.
The love that's deep within me, shall reach you from the stars,
You'll feel it from the heavens, and it will heal the scars.
- They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We will remember them.
- The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart.
- Gone from my life forever, but never gone from my heart.
- I give you this one thought to keep.
I am with you still. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone.
I am with you still in each new dawn.
Native American Poem
- As long as we live, they too will live; for they are now are a part of us; as we remember them.
- We've shared our lives these many years. You touched my heart. You will live on in my dreams.
- Our hearts still ache in sadness, and secret tears still flow. What it means to lose you, no one will ever know.
- If love could have saved you, you would haved lived forever.
- It broke my heart to lose you, but you didn't go alone. Part of me went with you, where ever you may roam.
- Remembering you is easy. I do it every day. But there is an ache within my heart that will never go away.
- I did not see you close your eyes or hear your last sigh. I only heard that you were gone, too late to say goodbye.
- No farewell words were spoken, there was no time to say goodbye. You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.
- Until I take my final breath, you will live in my heart.
- Lived with grace and wonder.
- You will forever by my always.
- Goodbye is not forever. Goodbye is not the end. It simply means I'll miss you until we meet again.
- Those we love don't go away. They walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and forever dear.
- Gone yet not forgotten. Although we are apart, your spirit lives within me, forever in my heart.
- Loving memories never die, as years roll on and days pass by. In our hearts a memory is kept, of ones we loved and will never forget.
- If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember.
You are braver then you believe, stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think.
But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you.
A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
- We only part to meet again. Change, as ye list, ye winds; my heart shall be the faithful compass that still points to thee.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
- Whoever said death was the hard part was wrong. Letting go and realizing I will never see, feel and hear you again is even harder.
- I'll remember you. When I've forgotten all the rest.
You to me were true. You to me were the best.
- Remember the trees. Remember the grass. Remember me. The pain in the ass.
- May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you are dead.
- They say it takes a minute to find something special in a person, an hour to appreciate them, and a day to love them, but it takes an entire lifetime to forget them.
- Know when to seek peace
For as long as the moon shall rise
For as long as the rivers shall flow
For as long as the sun shall shine
For as long as the grass shall grow
Let us have peace
Native American Poem
- What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now forever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind.
- Death is the last chapter in time, but the first chapter in eternity.
- Each happiness of yesterday is a memory for tomorrow.
- Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
- No longer by my side but forever in my heart.
- In memory of a life so beautifully lived and a heart so deeply loved.
- You have left my life but you will never leave my heart.
- Our legacy is really the lives we touch, the inspiration we give, altering someone's plan - if even for a moment -
and getting them to think, cry, laugh, argue. More than anything, we are remembered for our smiles; the ones we share with our closest and dearest, and the ones we bestow on a total stranger, who needed it RIGHT THEN, and God put you there to deliver.
- Your wings were ready, but my heart was not.
- We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly. In death we do the same.
- My memory loves you. It asks about you all the time.
- The moment that you left me, my heart was split into two.
One side was filled with memories, while the other side died with you.
- Out of sight, but you are never out of my mind.
- The misery of keeping a dog is his dying so soon. But, to be sure, if he lived for fifty years and then died, what would become of me?
Sir Walter Scott
- Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!
- It's hard to forget someone who gave me so much to remember.
- Is death the last sleep? No, it is the last and final awakening.
Sir Walter Scott
- Sometimes memories of you sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.
- I will hold you in my heart until I can hold you again in Heaven.
- There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
- If every tear we shed for you became a star above, you would stroll in the Angel's garden lit by everlasting love.
- Too well loved to ever be forgotten.
- Well done, thou good and faithful servant.
- I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.
- Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted.
- Sleep on now and take your rest.
- Greater love than this no one has, that one lay down his life for his friends.
- The Lord watch between me and thee, while we are absent one from another.
- Our Family chain is broken and nothing seems the same, but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.
- Loved with a love beyond telling. Missed with a grief beyond all tears.
- We've shared our lives these many years. You've held my hand; you've held my heart. So many blessings, so few tears ... yet for a moment, we must part.
- Your love was unconditional,
Faithful above them all,
Forever glad to see me,
You always ran to my call.
I know that you will wait,
You'll wag your tail to greet me,
When I come through Heaven's gate.
- Always loving - Always loved.
- Grief is the last act of love we have to give to those we loved. Where there is deep grief, there was great love.
- Filled with a zest for life that never grew old.
- You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide; and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.
- You have touched my very being. .... I shall remember you.
- Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
- But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world. .... It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. ... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
The Little Prince
- Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.